(CBRM)Certified BioRecovery Master
*Current CBRT status is a prerequisite
The CBRM is a Master level credential. This person can provide diversified industry expertise and is the highest-level credential currently available in the industry. *The CBRT is a prerequisite
● They demonstrate knowledge in Infection Control Risk Assessment (ICRA) in Critical Care Environments.
● They are familiar with CDC guidelines for infection control in health care facilities
● Can offer expertise in sanitation of FDA and USDA processing environments.
● They exhibit knowledge in biohazardous and hazardous materials.
● Are familiar with Biological Safety Environments and Pathogen Epidemiology.
● They hold another industry related third party credential
● They are familiar with FDA guidelines for GMP Cleaning and 6+Log Room Space Disinfection procedures for Aseptic Environments.
● Must pass a 100 point proctored exam with a score of 85 or better.
CBRM Application Requires Documentation on the following:
Prerequisites to sit for the 100 question exam (85 Or Better Score)
Additional Third Party Certification* (Please See below)
10 Years of Supervisory Experience as a CBRS (A CBRT will be accepted Until Jan 1, 2018.)
A 4-Year Post-Secondary Degree or its equivalent (30 Credit Hours) In Engineering, Environmental Science/Biology, Public Health, Industrial Hygiene or Related Field of Science
• Minimum of Five (5) Years of Documented Field Experience in Bio-Recovery / Infection Control Remediation.
• 29 CFR 1910.120 HAZWOPER - Or Equivalent CBRNE, NFPA 472 Training (CURRENT)
(International HAZWOPER Consideration - Evidence of completion of the HAZWOPER Lecture will be considered Equivalent)
• Bloodborne Pathogen Standard 29 CFR 1910.1030 Training (CURRENT)
• Five projects that You Have completed that has showed your knowledge, Training and Leadership in the Bio-Recovery Field. This is to include a brief paragraph explaining the issues or peril and how corrective action was implemented.
• Must Have Third Party Accreditation or Training (See Examples Below)
Examples for Third Party Certifications for the CBRM*
American Board of Industrial Hygiene -ABIH –
CIH - Certified Industrial Hygienist
American Biosafety Association – ABSA -
CBSP - Certified Biological Safety Professional
American Council for Accredited Certification –
CEICR - Certified Environmental Infection Control Remediator
CEICS - Certified Environmental Infection Control Supervisor
American Hospital Association
CHESP - Certified Healthcare Environmental Services Professional
Association for Professionals in Infection Control – APIC
CIC - Certified Infection Control
OSHA - Outreach Trainer
- Submission of another Accreditation or Other Countries Can Be Accepted Upon Verification and Approved by ABRA Education Committee
Maintenance – Recertify Every 3 Years With (75+ Hours Of CE) Attending ABRA Approved Conferences And Seminars.
*Current CBRT status is required to maintain the annual CBRM status. Renewal requires an annual fee of $75.00.