Company of the Month: Bio-Scene Recovery, Inc.
Monday, February 4, 2019
Posted by: Lauren Stride
Our February ABRA certified company of the month is Bio-Scene Recovery, Inc. The Ohio based Company first opened its doors in 1996 and is highly specialized in dealing with the containment, removal, and disinfection of biohazards from scenes of homicide, suicide, traumatic injury or undiscovered death. Owner, Jim Monath, was one of the original founding members for the American Bio Recovery Association, so he has been heavily involved in the association since the start. Monath has served as both the Treasurer and President of the association at separate times, and his wife, Tami Monath, has also served as ABRA’s Treasurer. We spoke with Monath directly to learn more about his company, Bio-Scene Recovery, Inc., and his experience working with the association since the beginning.
Bio-Scene Recovery Specializes in:
· Crime Scene Cleanup
· Homicide, Suicide, Undiscovered Death, Natural Death, Accident and Traumatic Injury Scenes
· Filth / Trash
· Houses Unfit for Human Habitation
· Pet / Animal Waste Problems
· Odor Removal Services, Including Animal Odor
· Grief Counseling and Victim Assistance Referral
· Blood and Body Fluid Cleanup
· Meth lab Cleanup and Testing
Bio-Scene Recovery Credentials:
· Ohio EPA Registered Medical Waste Generator
· Ohio EPA Registered Medical Waste Transporter
· OSHA 40-Hour Hazardous Materials Technician
· OSHA Compliant Site Techs
· ABRA Certified Recovery Technician
· 40hr HAZWOPPER Certified Techs
How has your experience been working with the association, and could you talk about a time when being involved with ABRA helped you stand out or win over a job?
Monath has worked alongside ABRA since the start of both his company and the association. Bio-Scene Recovery does a lot of work for Safeguard Properties, a local property management company. Monath expressed the importance of the company’s ABRA certification because it is required for them to be an ABRA member to be able to be a bio-hazard provider for Safeguard Properties. It’s just one of the many ways ABRA can help you.
In your opinion, why should other companies look into joining the association?
Monath explained how, “You can’t go wrong by joining ABRA. The networking alone is priceless. We started ABRA to assist and help each other, share ideas, and to promote and grow the industry. And with that came education, training, and certification. The knowledge within ABRA is remarkable. If you ever have a problem or need guidance on a job site with a situation that you just are unsure of, you can always help or assistance thru ABRA. Again, priceless.”