Thank you for your interest in the American Bio Recovery Association (ABRA).
We are a not-for profit International organization dedicated to promoting ethics and education in the field of Bio Recovery, biological hazards, crime / trauma site management. At this time, we are accepting applications. Certain eligibility requirements must be met in order to be considered for membership.
We are an open association and membership is available to anyone who can meet the professional minimum standards set by this organization. Being an ABRA member is the standard by which a certain level of professionalism is bench-marked. Eligible companies must have and provide required documentation and agree to affidavit items as part of their Active Membership application:
- Use of ABRA TM Logo for Marketing and reinforcement of business qualifications
- Listing in FIND an American Bio Recovery Member Company search
- Contribute to unified and focused niche industry efforts
- Optimize your companies ability to stand out
- Subscription and ability to contribute to our Quarterly News letter (Bio Recovery Today)
- Discounts on Conferences and ABRA Educational Seminars
- Network with the best companies the industry has to offer
- The Ability to Serve on the Board of Directors and Committees
APPLICANT DOCUMENTATION PREREQUISITE ITEMS (Please locate and be prepared to submit)
(all need to be in .pdf form)
Submit Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure Control Plan in compliance with OSHA CFR 1910.1030
Have Bloodborne Pathogen training compliance with OSHA CFR 1910.1030.
Submit Respiratory Protection Plan in compliance with OSHA
Submit Hazard Communication Plan in compliance with OSHA.
Submit contract or letter of agreement with a medical waste transporter or disposal facility/location.
Demonstrate at least six months experience performing Biorecovery. Upload project summaries.
Proof of Insurance - A copy of Certificate of Insurance (proof of Insurance) meeting the requirements specified in this example. Download Example COI
Proof of existence as a legal business (i.e. occupational, city or county license or state corporation registration, tax number registration).
As a requirement to a paid active membership with ABRA, the company shall have at least 1 ABRA certified technician on staff at all times. If the company does not have an ABRA certified technician, it shall obtain at least 1 ABRA certified technician within 6 months of acceptance and is required to maintain at least 1 ABRA certified technician on staff. To maintain membership, a member company must maintain at least 1 ABRA certified technician/claimed location at all times.
ABRA maintains a toll-free telephone number to help those in need of the services of a biorecovery company. All active members are listed with this service. The 24-hour dispatcher will provide a referral to the companies listed on the website.
Thank you for your interest in ABRA. We look forward to your membership in our Association.
- If you going to apply for Active Member Company Membership and are currently Signed into your Technician Profile, Please sign out of the website prior to clicking the APPLY HERE. Do not use the same User Name as your Technician User Name. Use a unique user name or general alais E-Mail for your Company. Example (BioCleaningInc) or Info@jbiocleaninginc.com email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Board of Directors APPLY HERE