(CBRS) Certified Bio Recovery Supervisor
(Grandfathering is Currently Closed) Exam Accreditation currently in process. Exam is currently not available. Candidates are welcome to apply. Candidates will be notified once the exam is available. Target is August 2020.
The CBRS is a supervisory position that enforces the values in the CBRT but demonstrates knowledge in the following *Current CBRT status is a prerequisite
● Advanced disinfection – Log Reduction and Efficacy Compliance Documentation (GLP Studies)
● Bio Recovery Site Risk Assessment (BSRA) (PPE and Cross Contamination and disinfection.)
● S-540 Crime and Trauma Standard
● Exhibits knowledge of application of cleaners and disinfectants.
● Has knowledge of Industry Standards for Scope Development and Estimating Standards.
● Has basic hazardous materials training (OSHA 40Hr HAZWOPER as minimum requirement. or CBRNE Equivalent.
● Fully understands construction safety practices and OSHA requirements
● Has knowledge of the FEMA Incident Command System.
● Exhibits knowledge of both Medical Waste Disposal and Infectious Waste Disposal according to DOT requirements.
● Must pass a 100 point proctored exam with a score of 85 or better.
CBRS Application Requires Documentation on the following:
Prerequisites to sit for the 100 question exam (85 Or Better Score)
5+ Yrs. in a CBRT role.
OR Current CBRT with
- A Minimum Of A 2-Year Post-Secondary Degree Or Equivalent (15 Credit Hours) In Engineering, Science, Architecture, Industrial Hygiene Or Related Field Of Science With A Minimum Of Three (3) Years Of Documented Field Experience In Bio-Recovery /Infection Control Remediation.
- 29 CFR 1910.120 HAZWOPER - Or International equivalent CBRNE Training (CURRENT)
- Bloodborne Pathogen Standard 29 CFR 1910.1030 Training (CURRENT)
- OSHA 10 or 30 General Construction or General Industry or International Equivalent.
Example - IICRC HST - Health & Safety Technician, Australia White Card or Canadian CSTS-09
- Three projects that You Have completed that has showed your knowledge, Training and Leadership in the Biorecovery Field. This is to include a brief paragraph explaining the issues or peril and how corrective action was implemented.
- Maintenance – Re certify every year by attending ABRA Approved Conferences and Seminars.
15 CE Credits/Year
*Current CBRT status is required to maintain the annual CBRS status. CBRS requires a $250.00 application fee and an annual renewal fee of $100.00