(CBRT) Certified Bio Recovery Technician
Click Here Become a CBRT
The CBRT is an entry level technician certification designed to provide the applicant the basic knowledge of the Biorecovery industry. They are taught the basics of how to approach, qualify and properly assess a crime or trauma scene for the purposes of proper mitigation. In addition to this they are instructed and trained on the following:
- Technicians are trained in proper etiquette
- Remediation techniques, (Containment and Engineering Controls)
- Bio Recovery Site Risk Assessment (BSRA) (PPE and Cross Contamination and disinfection.)
- Blood borne Pathogens Standard
- S-540 Crime and Trauma Standard
- Construction Practices and mitigation procedures
- United States/International - Must attend a 24-hr minimum lecture course from an ABRA Certified School/Instructor and pass a 100 point proctored exam with a score of 75 or better.
CBRT Requires Documentation on the following:
Prerequisites to sit for the 100 question exam (75 or better score)
ABRA approved course – Trauma standard training certificate or equivalent
Blood borne Pathogen Standard 29 CFR 1910.1030 Training (Comes with 24hr CBRT Course)
Recommended Training (Not Required but highly recommended)
OSHA 10 Hr. or 30Hr. (Construction or General Industry Standard) or IICRC HST health and safety technician certification
OSHA HAZWOPER 1910.120 United States Department of Labor.
Maintenance – Re certify every year by attending ABRA approved conferences and seminars.
10 CE Credits/Year
*CBRT annual renewal requires an annual fee of $50.00 in addition to 10 hours of CEU's, an annual BBP Training Certificate.
Note: Your initial certificate may be valid for less than one year when it’s initially processed because all certifications expire June 30th of each year. Subsequent renewals are always valid for one full year.
CHALLENGE THE CBRT EXAM