(CBRT) Certified Bio Recovery Technician
The CBRT is an entry level technician certification designed to provide the applicant the basic knowledge of the Bio Recovery industry. The exam process is designed to show that the technician retained the basic knowledge of how to approach, qualify and properly assess a crime or trauma scene for the purposes of proper mitigation. The following is the minimum recommended curriculum and or areas of study for the student.
- Technicians are trained in proper etiquette
- Remediation techniques, (Containment and Engineering Controls)
- Bio Recovery Site Risk Assessment (BSRA) (PPE and Cross Contamination and disinfection.)
- Blood borne Pathogens and Hazardous Material Response
- S-540 Crime and Trauma Standard
- Construction Practices and mitigation procedures
CBRT Requires Documentation on the following:
- Submit a valid Certificate of training 16hrs+ from any 2nd party Bio Recovery Instructor!
- Provide a copy of your Current OSHA 40-Hr. HAZWOPER 40hr Card that complies with OSHA 1910.120 (or International Equivalent)
- Provide a copy of you current OSHA Blood Borne Pathogen Card. (or International Equivalent)
- Provide a copy of your OSHA 10 Hr. General Construction or Industry Outreach training card. (or International Equivalent)
- Fill out this Exam Challenge Application
- Scan all documents and Send all documentation and attach and upload to the form below.
- Register for the Exam by paying your $150.00 Application fee On Line when you complete this application. (Non-Refundable)
Items 1&2 can be combined in a HAZWOPER for Bio Recovery course. If your Instructor or school teaches a 40-course tailored to the definition of Bio Recovery Below, please upload a copy of the curriculum as an equivalency for Line item 1.
Bio Recovery is the act of assessing risk, mitigating threats and remediating conditions resulting from the release of biological hazards. This may include crime and trauma mitigation (bloodborne and body fluids), suicide cleanup, outbreak response, zoonotic diseases, foodborne diseases, public health threats, illicit drugs and clandestine drug labs.
Training Options (In person, Virtual or Online)
- ALREADY HAVE YOUR HAZWOPER 40-hour? - Applicants must Must attend a 16-hr minimum lecture course in Bio-Recovery, Crime and Trauma mitigation or blood and bodily fluid remediation. This certificate of Training must be signed off on with the hours indicated by an independent school/instructor in the business of teaching elements of Bio Recovery.
Please see preferred schools and instructors for preparatory course information by clicking on the link below.
PREFERRED PREPARATORY COURSE PROVIDERS
Maintenance – Re certify every year by attending ABRA approved conferences and seminars.
10 CE Credits/Year
*CBRT annual renewal requires an annual fee of $50.00 in addition to 10 hours of CEU's, an annual BBP Training Certificate.
Note: Your initial certificate may be valid for less than one year when it’s initially processed because all certifications expire June 30th of each year. Subsequent renewals are always valid for one full year when renewed at the expiration date of June 30th.
Click here: APPLY for the CBRT EXAM